We built MetaCell over ten years ago with one purpose: to enable scientists and researchers to make the most of their life science data and ultimately further health research, initially with a neuroscience focus. Our founders brought together a mix of skills and experiences across engineering, computer technology and biological systems, and embarked on this exciting journey – one application at a time.
Over 300,000 hours of software development later, and having built a global team of experts working with some of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies and leading academic institutions, we are delighted to share some of our latest achievements and innovations. 2022 started in a very promising way for MetaCell and we believe it will be our best year yet!
If you have comments or questions on any of the below, or would like to understand how MetaCell can help you innovate and make the most of your research, please get in touch.
MetaCell's product suite has expanded into MetaCell Cloud. In addition to our existing custom services, our work to release MetaCell Cloud is a natural transition to better serve the needs of our clients. MetaCell Cloud is a powerful set of cloud-based products for big data analytics, bioinformatics, digital health, AI, machine learning, and deep learning – applicable to all fields of life science. Here's a few links if you would like to find out more:
- Cloud Hosting – Advanced cloud computing solutions to facilitate research and innovation in life science and healthcare.
- Cloud Workspaces – Computational notebooks on demand for all your data science with dynamic provisioning of computing resources.
- Cloud Health – Connecting patients with clinicians. Streamline patient care from assessment to treatment plan.
- Cloud Pharma – Answer the most valuable data questions in your pre-clinical research. Save time, save money, move faster.
Secondly, we have extended the scope of our projects and services beyond neuroscience. Computational neuroscience and visualization is where MetaCell started and still is our forte, but we now have augmented our team to offer machine learning, data science, molecular biology, digital health, biomarker development for drug discovery and diagnostics, and a lot more. This progression has been exciting and has opened up a whole new set of opportunities, such as the following solutions:
- Cloud Harness – An open-source infrastructure blueprint to solve common challenges when building cloud solutions, applicable to data challenges independent of scientific discipline.
- In-Vivo Calcium Imaging Analysis – Essential tools to rapidly set up and execute calcium imaging data analysis, especially using miniscopes. This service, starting in neuroscience, is helping researchers go beyond imaging into areas such as behavior and computer vision.
- Life Science Data Visualization – Initially a neuroscience-only visualization platform, we now work with genomics / proteomics visualizations. This solution offers a launchpad to integrate your life science data and the software to visualize, explore, and present it.
Finally, MetaCell is now a team of 30+ experts spread across the globe with solid roots in three regions: North America, UK, and Europe with our brand new Italy office. The flexibility behind our products, solutions, and services means any organization can benefit from them – from the world's largest pharmaceutical firms and leading universities to non-profit organizations and early-stage startups.
With all this in mind, and having entered our second decade, introducing a new look and feel for the company seemed the natural step forward. Today, we're excited to announce the new MetaCell website, with plenty more information, great graphics, a wealth of content, and many case studies.
We'd love to hear your thoughts on any of the above, or discuss any projects where MetaCell could fit in as your innovation partner.