We are MetaCell, the world leaders in software for life science. We build SaaS and Custom Solutions that advance our understanding of the brain and enable clinicians and researchers to make the most of their neuroscience data. In addition, MetaCell Cloud, our revolutionary solution, unlocks the full value of neuroscience data and models, including gene expression data, microscopy and MRI images, EEG and electrophysiology data, computer models and simulations.
Senior Software Engineer (Fixed Term Contract / Full-time / Remote)
We are looking for a talented, full-time Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team of developers for a fixed term contract as a technical lead with an opportunity for a permanent role at the end of the contract. You will be working within a team of highly skilled engineers and scientists in a leading neuroscience software company with a strong international presence.
We are looking for someone who understands software engineering concepts, has proven experience building web applications and scalable backends, has high attention to detail, a proactive attitude and the desire to learn and dive into the exciting neuroscience domain. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in design and development of modern web applications and experience in full development lifecycle and leading development teams to success. This is a remote position, however meeting the team and traveling to the UK or US may be occasionally necessary.
- Work with internal and/or external clients to understand the requirements of the business and develop technical specifications to ensure the right software is designed and delivered
- Helps the team through the various technical challenges and issues they might encounter throughout the project
- Design and implement web applications
- Design and implement scalable backend cloud solutions
- Conduct code reviews with peers
- Run sprint meetings and coordinate other developers
- Manage code releases
- Responsible for code quality
- Ensures they are continually updating their tech skills and knowledge in line with the latest trends and advancements.
- Previous experience working remotely
- Spoken and written English language proficiency
- BSc + MSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing client-server software solutions
- Full development lifecycle experience delivering under deadlines
- Experience leading development teams
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery workflows
- Object Oriented Programming experience with Python and/or C#
- Experience with container based cloud deployments
- Analysis documentation and design in UML or equivalent
- Experience working with and managing Git version control
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Bash command line proficiency
- PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Experience with Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform and/or Azure Cloud
- Experience working with Graph databases, e.g. Neo4j, Amazon Neptune
- Experience in the life science domain
Why join us?
- Contribute to scientific open source software to advance neuroscience research
- Work in a highly talented team and with leading academic researchers around the world
- Competitive salary
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Flexible hours
MetaCell is the worldwide leader in neuroscience software. MetaCell software applications advance our understanding of the brain, unlocking the true value of neuroscience data and models, including advanced neuronal simulations, microscopy, structural and functional images, EEG and electrophysiology data. Working at the intersection of cutting edge neuroscience and software engineering, we address the most challenging neuroscience questions, from mechanisms of complex diseases that still elude us to the mysteries of the brain.
How to Apply
Please fill out this screening form.