We are a team of passionate software engineering experts uniquely cross-trained in neuroscience data and medical imaging management and presentation. We have decades of combined experience and a track record of excellence and of delivering software on time. And we are always looking for new talent!
If you are dedicated, hardworking, and fun, we would love to hear from you.
Software Engineer Intern (6 months contract / Full Time / Remote)
We are looking for a talented software engineering intern to join our growing team of developers for a fixed term contract with an opportunity for employment at the end of the contract. You will be working within a team in a leading neuroscience software company with a strong international presence.
We are looking for someone who understands basic modern software engineering concepts, has high attention to detail, a proactive attitude and the desire to learn and dive with us into the exciting neuroscience domain. You will learn to build modern web based software applications using cutting edge paradigms and technologies and experience the full software development lifecycle.
This is a remote position, however meeting the team and traveling internationally may be occasionally necessary.
- Continuous learning
- Implement software designs
- Write unit and integration tests
- Spoken and written English language proficiency
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field (students approaching their graduation will be considered)
- Familiarity with software development concept and paradigms
- Familiarity with client-server architectures and databases
- Familiarity with at least one programming language
Nice to have
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks
- Experience with life science domain
Why join us?
- Contribute to scientific open source software to advance neuroscience research
- Work in a highly talented team and with leading academic researchers around the world
- Competitive salary
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Flexible hours
MetaCell is the world leader in life science software. Our applications advance our understanding of the brain, unlocking the true value of neuroscience data and models, including advanced neuronal simulations, microscopy, structural and functional images, EEG and electrophysiology data. Working at the intersection of cutting edge neuroscience and software engineering, we address the most challenging neuroscience questions, from mechanisms of complex diseases that still elude us to the mysteries of the brain.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com