We are a team of passionate software engineering experts uniquely cross-trained in neuroscience data and medical imaging management and presentation. We have decades of combined experience and a track record of excellence and of delivering software on time. And we are always looking for new talent!
If you are dedicated, hardworking, and fun, we would love to hear from you.
Junior Frontend Software Developer (Full Time / Remote)
We are looking for a talented junior frontend software developer to join our growing team of developers for a fixed term contract with an opportunity for employment at the end of the contract. You will be working within a team in a leading neuroscience software company with a strong international presence.
We are looking for someone who understands modern web development concepts, has high attention to detail, a proactive attitude and the desire to learn and dive with us into the exciting neuroscience domain. You will build modern web based software applications using cutting edge paradigms and technologies and experience the full software development lifecycle.
This is a remote position, however meeting the team and traveling internationally may be occasionally necessary.
- Spoken and written English language proficiency
- One year experience with HTML and CSS
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field (students approaching their graduation will be considered)
- Familiarity with software development concept and paradigms
- Experience with Redux
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks
- Experience with life science domain
- Basic experience working with Git version control
- Exposure to Linux bash command line
Why join us?
- Contribute to scientific open source software to advance neuroscience research
- Work in a highly talented team and with leading academic researchers around the world
- Competitive salary
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Flexible hours
MetaCell is the worldwide leader in life science software. MetaCell software applications advance our understanding of the brain, unlocking the true value of neuroscience data and models, including advanced neuronal simulations, microscopy, structural and functional images, EEG and electrophysiology data. Working at the intersection of cutting edge neuroscience and software engineering, we address the most challenging neuroscience questions, from mechanisms of complex diseases that still elude us to the mysteries of the brain.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com