We are a team of passionate software engineering experts uniquely cross-trained in neuroscience data and medical imaging management and presentation. We have decades of combined experience and a track record of excellence and of delivering software on time. And we are always looking for new talent!
If you are dedicated, hardworking, and fun, we would love to hear from you.
Full Stack Software Engineer (Fixed Term Contract / Full Time / Remote)
We are looking for a full time talented software engineer to join our growing team of developers for a fixed term contract with an opportunity for renewal at the end of the contract. You will be working within a team in a leading neuroscience software company with a strong international presence.
We are looking for someone who understands software engineering concepts, has proven experience building web applications, has high attention to detail, a proactive attitude and the desire to learn new technologies and dive with us into the exciting neuroscience domain. The ideal candidate will also have at least two years of experience in design and development of modern web applications and experience in full development lifecycle.
This is a remote position, however meeting the team and traveling to the UK or US may be occasionally necessary.
- Design and implement responsive web applications
- Design and implement solid backend solutions
- Write unit tests
- Conduct code reviews with peers
- Manage code releases
- Spoken and written English language proficiency
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing client-server software solutions
- Full development lifecycle experience delivering under deadlines
- Object Oriented Programming experience with Python
- Experience working with Git version control
- Previous experience working remotely
- BSc / MSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Experience working with Graph databases, e.g. Neo4j, Amazon Neptune
- Experience working with Jupyter Notebook and Jupyter Hub
- Experience working with npm and webpack
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience deploying services with Kubernetes via Google Cloud Platform or Amazon EKS
- Linux bash command line proficiency
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery workflows
- Analysis documentation and design in UML or equivalent
Why join us?
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Contribute to scientific open source software to advance neuroscience research
- Work in a team of highly skilled developers and with leading academic researchers around the world
MetaCell is a software company that puts neuroscience data online, creating compelling visual and collaborative experiences. Our software applications unlock the true value of neuroscience data and models, including advanced neuronal simulations, microscopy and MRI images, EEG and electrophysiology data and much more. We work at the intersection of neuroscience and software engineering, presenting a "best of both worlds" translational approach between the two. We see great opportunity to take best-in-breed information technology and apply it to the world’s most challenging neuroscience questions, from mechanisms of complex diseases that still elude us to the mysteries of the brain.
How to Apply
PLEASE CLICK HERE & FILL OUR THE APPLICATION FORM >>