We are a team of passionate software engineering experts uniquely cross-trained in neuroscience data and medical imaging management and presentation. We have decades of combined experience and a track record of excellence and of delivering software on time. And we are always looking for new talent!
If you are dedicated, hardworking, and fun, we would love to hear from you.
Cloud Software Engineer (Fixed Term Contract / Full Time / Remote)
We are looking for a full time talented Cloud software engineer to join our growing team of developers for a fixed term contract with an opportunity for renewal at the end of the contract. You will be working within a team in a leading neuroscience software company with a strong international presence.
We are looking for someone who understands software engineering concepts, has proven experience building scalable backends and micro services, a proactive attitude and the desire to learn and dive into the exciting neuroscience domain. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in design and development and deployment of modern cloud based solutions and experience in full development lifecycle and leading development teams to success.
This is a remote position, however meeting the team and traveling to Italy, the UK or US may be occasionally necessary.
- Work with internal and/or external clients to understand the requirements of the business and develop technical specifications to ensure the right software is delivered.
- Helps the team through the various technical challenges and issues they might encounter throughout the project.
- Ensures they are continually updating their tech skills and knowledge in line with the latest trends and advancements.
- Design and implement scalable backend solutions
- Write unit and integration tests
- Conduct code reviews with peers
- Manage code releases
- Responsible for code quality
- Previous experience working remotely
- Spoken and written English language proficiency
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing cloud-based software solutions
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with at least one cloud provider (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS Cloud)
- Full development lifecycle experience delivering under deadlines
- Experience leading development teams
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery workflows
- Programming experience with Python
- Experience working with Docker
- Analysis documentation and design in UML or equivalent
- Linux bash command line proficiency
- BSc + MSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Experience working with Jupyter Notebook and Jupyter Hub
- Experience working with Graph databases, e.g. Neo4j, Amazon Neptune
- Experience working with Apache Spark and Databricks
- Experience with life science domain
Why join us?
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Contribute to scientific open source software to advance neuroscience research
- Work in a team of highly skilled developers and with leading academic researchers around the world
MetaCell is the worldwide leader in software for life science. MetaCell software applications advance our understanding of the brain, unlocking the true value of neuroscience data and models, including advanced neuronal simulations, microscopy, structural and functional images, EEG and electrophysiology data. Working at the intersection of cutting edge neuroscience and software engineering, we address the most challenging neuroscience questions, from mechanisms of complex diseases that still elude us to the mysteries of the brain.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE & FILL OUT THE FORM >>